The Downtown Initiative is an effort spearheaded by the Economic Development Committee, to revitalize Southborough's Downtown and bring back the vibrant heart of Southborough. This is a community development effort that will bring more local options and opportunities to Southborough's residents.
Southborough residents responded to a 2017 survey indicating overwhelming support for improvements to Downtown, including dining and shopping, beautification, and connectivity.
The EDC set out with creating a Downtown Initiative Subcommittee that examined issues related to zoning, infrastructure, land availability and use, and business development specifically in the Downtown Village Business District.
The Subcommittee made recommendations to implement zoning changes, infrastructure improvements, and business development opportunities associated with the revitalization of the Downtown Village Business District. These recommendations were based on results of the Urban Land Institute Study performed in May 2018.
- 2019 Downtown Initiative Brochure What, Why and How (PDF)
- By-Right Zoning DBVD DD (PDF)
- DBVD Zoning Map (PDF)
- Design Guidelines Southborough Downtown District Nov2020 V1 (PDF)
- Downtown District Information Packet for Residents and Businesses (PDF)
- Draft Sec 174ddv9 23june21 (PDF)
- Draft Sec 174ddv9-Final 06.23.21 From Bos 06.29.21 (PDF)
- EDC Memo BOS PB 27sept21 (PDF)
- Informational Slides From EDC Update June 2021 (PDF)
- Southborough Then, Now and How it Could Look! (PDF)
- WS Cost Funding Southborough July 2021 (PDF)
- WS Southborough Feasibility Study June 2021 (PDF)
- WS Wastewater And Pump Station Conceptual Drawings Southborough (PDF)