Golf Course Committee
The Committee shall consist of up to 5 members, consisting of at-large representatives of the community, with professional backgrounds and qualifications consistent with those needed for design, maintenance, policies, and operation of a municipal golf course facility in Massachusetts.
Members will be appointed by the Board of Selectmen at a duly posted public meeting following the advertisement for interest in serving on the committee.
Term & Organization
- The term of office shall be for one year
- The Committee shall report to the Board of Selectmen as required, with a report at the end of each golf season
- The Committee shall elect its own Chair, and shall establish a regular meeting schedule - all records of the Committee shall be filed with the Town Clerk and open to public inspection in accordance with applicable Open Meeting Law and Public Record statutes
- The Committee shall operate in accordance with the State Conflict of Interest Laws
- Members shall serve without financial compensation
- The Committee shall manage the day-to-day relationship with the current management company
- The Committee shall provide a scorecard to evaluate the current management company's performance
- The Committee shall identify opportunities for increasing revenue through additional golf programming in conjunction with other town departments and the community at large
- The Committee shall prepare draft budgets for operations and capital improvements to be considered by the Board of Selectmen for future Town Meetings
- The Committee shall take input from the public regarding golf matters and communicate policies to residents
- The Committee shall develop a "master plan" to include annual goals for the golf course with resident and management company input
- The Committee shall communicate with town departments, officials, and other resources as needed [i.e. Inspectional Departments, Town Administrator, permitting boards, etc.]