Neary School Building Committee - Ad Hoc
The Neary School Building Committee (“School Building Committee”) shall be an ad-hoc committee, appointed by the Select Board.
Initially, the School Building Committee shall be responsible for conducting a feasibility study into the options for renovations or new construction at the existing Neary School site. Specific emphasis should be placed on understanding the work and recommendations of the Capital Planning Committee - School Research Subcommittee in coordination with the School Administration.
Updates to this charge should be made as the project progresses to better outline the scope of responsibilities of the School Building Committee.
The School Building Committee shall ensure compliance and coordination with any statutes and regulations related to Massachusetts School Building Authority (“MSBA”) projects.
The School Building Committee shall provide updates on their progress at least quarterly to both the Southborough School Committee and Select Board.
The voting positions shall be filled by residents of the community who are willing to volunteer their time.
All ex-officio roles are required to be filled to maintain compliance with MSBA regulations. These positions will not count toward the quorum, nor will they have a vote on committee matters.
The School Building Committee can set up subcommittees and appoint members to these subcommittees from their appointed voting and non-voting members, as they see fit.
All appointments should be renewed annually.
- Ex-officio Members
- Superintendent of Schools
- Assistant Superintendent of Operations
- Assistant Superintendent of Schools (Member knowledgeable in educational mission and function of facility)
- School Director of Finance
- Neary School Principal
- Woodward School Principal
- Town Administrator
- Town Treasurer/Finance Director
- Voting members (preference is for at least a portion of this group to have prior experience with construction of public buildings).
- School Committee Member
- Select Board Member
- Advisory Committee Member
- Capital Improvement and Planning Committee Member
- Residents at Large (three) – architecture, engineering, and/or construction experience preferred.
Approved by Select Board - February 15, 2022; amended - March 15, 2022; March 24, 2023; May 2, 2023; July 28, 2023