What if I have moved out of Southborough?

If a motor vehicle owner moves within Massachusetts and has not paid an excise tax for the current year, they should notify the Assessor's Office at 508-485-0710, ext. 3017 of their new address. If the owner moved before the 1st of the year, they must pay the tax to the new community to which the owner moved. If the owner of a vehicle has moved to another state, notify the Assessor's Office and provide them with a copy of the registration form from the new state or the plate return receipt.

Show All Answers

1. What is motor vehicle excise tax?
2. Who must pay?
3. What is the rate?
4. How are vehicles valued?
5. How often will I get an excise tax bill?
6. Who qualifies for an abatement?
7. How are abatements figured?
8. Who qualifies for an exemption?
9. Where and when must I file for an abatement / exemption?
10. When is payment due?
11. What happens if my payment is late?
12. How does non-payment of motor vehicle excise affect license and registration?
13. What if I have moved out of Southborough?
14. What if I sold my car?
15. What if I traded my car?
16. What if my car is stolen?